Straightness Training by Marijke de Jong is booming around the world and it has become more and more popular in the last few years. On the one hand Marijke is very happy, excited and enthusiastic to see people around the world getting involved in the ST philosophy. But on the other hand she feels responsible and obliged to guard the proper use of ST and she wants to prevent uneducated appliance of her method to prevent harm to horses and riders.
That's why we founded the ST Academy in 2014.
Marijke de Jong's Straightness Training Academy aims to form a world wide professional group of loyal and dedicated horse trainers and instructors to the cause of improving health, joy and beauty in working with horses based on the principles of Straightness Training.
The Straightness Training Academy consists of the ST Mastery Program, the ST Evaluation Program and the ST Instructor Program:
- The ST Mastery Program offers you a rich and rewarding and balanced exercise program to get your horse fit and strong, no matter what breed or age. This program aims to transform riders into Straightness Training experts and experienced horse trainers.
- The structured ST Evaluation program is designed to evaluate and measure the level of skill of rider and horse. Through videos rider and horse can demonstrate their ability to perform the ST exercises that are outlined in ST Mastery.
- When students have passed a certain set of evaluations in the Training Pillars groundwork, longeing, work in hand, riding and liberty, they can invited to the international ST Instructor Program.
Are you interested to join the Straightness Training Academy to become the best rider, horse trainer or instructor you can be? Then start with the ST Mastery Program first.
ST Mastery Program
The ST Mastery Program offers you a rich and rewarding and balanced exercise program to get your horse fit and strong, no matter what breed or age. The program accomplishes great things for a wide range of people and horses, and it can be practiced just about anytime and anywhere in the world. The ST Mastery Program is a balanced, safe and effective approach and it addresses both general and specific goals - whether these goals involve sports performance, injury prevention or "just" the need for better overall fitness and health.
As a Mastery student you'll experience that your way of horse training will support an improvement in your horse's physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance. The ST Mastery Program helps to keep your horse's body, mind and soul aligned throughout his lifetime. With regular practice your horse will look great and feel amazing!
The ST Mastery Program is a comprehensive guide to practicing Straightness Training at home. All exercises are described and explained through an extensive library of videos and manuals, so that you can more fully understand each exercise in all essential training pillars of Straightness Training: groundwork, longeing, work in hand, riding and liberty. It's the “Encyclopaedia of Straightness Training” and the program teaches you how you can become an ST expert and how you can become the best horse trainer you can be.
ST Mastery is a unique educational program in which you'll get step-by-step coaching, personal feedback and 24/7 support to get to the next levels of you and your horse's abilities.
This is how it works:
- Everyone can join this program, there are no admission requirements to join this program.
- Once enrolled, you will have life long access to the ST Mastery Encylopedia with all its videos and manuals, so you can always rely on this extensive library of Straightness Training.
- The life long Mastery Program starts with 6 month Boot Camp - this is an extra bonus you'll get free - to make sure you'll get started with Straightness Training. During the Boot Camp Marijke de Jong will personally guide you through the extensive Mastery Encyclopedia, so you know where to start, what to do next, and where to go when you encounter challenges in your horse training. So during the Boot Camp we will chunk ST Mastery down into pieces and we will cover one of the ST Training Components a month: groundwork, longeing, work in hand, riding and ST at liberty.
- During the Boot Camp you'll also get in contact with Marijke De Jong through 6 live online Q&A sessons - without any extra charge- in which we will focus on your training and your personal situation.
- Another extra free bonus is that you will be able to submit 5 videos in ST Evaluation (see below) with you and your horse in the first year after starting with ST Mastery. Now these videos will be evaluated, so you will be able to refine your skills with the feedback you receive.
- And all ST Mastery students will have life long access to the empowering ST Mastery Membership for 24/7 support and here you can meet not only Marijke, but also (future) ST instructors and experienced fellow ST Mastery students who can all help you out with their invaluable advice anytime you want.
Here's how to join:
All 4 episodes in this 4 part video series are accompanied by theory and explanations, for understanding on a deeper level!
Plus the downloadable manuals are very informative, useful and helpful!
So join the course to see if Mastery us right for you:
And if you liked this mini course, you'll love the advanced ST Mastery program!
And when you join the ST Mastery Program, you get automatically also access to the ST Evaluation Program.
ST Evaluation Program
The ST Evaluation Program is available for ST Mastery students only.
To pursue mastery in ST, evaluation is critical. Evaluation is about knowing where you are and where you want to go. It gives you a pathway for making structured and consistent progress.
The ST Evaluation Program is NOT intended to be used to compare yourself to others or to compete with others. It’s about comparing yourself to a standard and your own progress. It’s about knowing where you are and what to do next. It’s about becoming a better version of yourself.
The structured ST Evaluation System is designed to evaluate and measure your level of skill and that of your horse. Through assessment of predefined exercises you can demonstrate your ability to perform the ST exercises that are outlined in ST Mastery. All requested exercises are presented on video, so you know the exact format of the requested evaluations.
This is how it works:
- Every member of the ST Mastery Program will automatically also join the ST Evaluation Program.
- In the ST Evaluation Program all five Training Pillars can be evaluated: groundwork, longeing, work in hand, riding and training at liberty.
- Each training component has five grades. A grade represents the complexity of the exercises within each training area: the first grade consists of the basic exercises, the fifth grade covers the most advanced exercises.
- Every Mastery Student starts in groundwork at grade 1. You can continue with the other training pillars after Groundwork 1.
- In each evaluation you will show a cluster of exercises in one of the training pillar at a certain grade level. A cluster of exercises we call a “touchstone”. A touchstone is the set of exercises that form the unit of evaluation by an assessment.
- In each assessment you will have 5 to 10 minutes to show the exercises of a touchstone. The assessment can be done online within our video evaluation system (based on youtube).
- When you pass one ST touchstone at a time, you receive a touchstone certificate.
- When you have all five touchstones within one particular grade, you receive a grade certificate for ST grade 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. The awarded grade is an indication of your present level of ability in ST.
- When you start with ST Mastery, you'll get 5 Touchstones for free, which can be used within a period of 12 months. After that period, or when you exceed the amount of 5 Touchstones, you can buy additional Touchstones.
Here is a picture that illustrates the relationship between 'Training Pillars', 'grades' 'Touchstones' and 'Exercises':
ST Instructor Program
Once you have been personally successful as a horse trainer in ST Mastery, you can also develop the didactic side of your profession in the ST Instructor Program.
Between 2007 and 2015 our Dutch Instructor program has certified over 40 Instructors in the Netherlands. Our company has been audited and acknowledged by the “Central Register for short term Vocational Education” (CRKBO) which has been established in cooperation with the Dutch government.
In January 2015 the first International ST Instructor Program has been launched to educate instructors in their horse training and didactic skills in all five Training Components: Groundwork, Longeing, Work in hand, Riding and Liberty. In January 2016 a group of 15 ST Instructors has been licensed to teach Straightness Training world wide.
In our International ST Instructor Program we are looking for riders who have been personally successful in ST Mastery and who have a passion to help others travel that same path. They want to contribute to the welfare of horses and see a happy smile on the faces of their students. They want to enable breakthroughs in the lives of horse loving people and increase the quality of their lives.
They also want to be able to invest in their own constant and never ending improvement, invest in new horses and have enough free time to live, love and matter to other people and animals.
In the ST Instructor program the ST trainee instructors are educated to master important subtleties, fine details and the true essences of ST, which is very important. Because dilution, simplification or degeneration of the ST method can and will lead to misunderstanding or misinterpretation of natural asymmetry and the essence of ST. This could easily cause harm and a downfall of the spreading of pure ST as defined by Marijke de Jong.
So it's very important that the intrinsic value of the ST philosophy is protected and allocated to the qualified ST Instructors that have successfully completed the ST Instructor Program. Therefore we use a certification and an annual licensing structure.
So after completing the ST Instructor Program, certified ST Instructors will receive an official license to develop their own teaching practices. ST Instructors are licensed to use the registered trademarks of Marijke de Jong and Straightness Training. We will assist in generating students for the licensed instructors by promoting the local ST instructors to ST Student from all over the world.
This is how it will work:
- To qualify for the admission to the International ST Instructor Program a ST Mastery Student must possess good practical horse training skills and therefore the student must have achieved the second grade with a two star rating in the ST Evaluation Program. This means that a ST Mastery student need to have passed all Touchstones of the Training Pillars groundwork, longing, work in hand, riding, and liberty at the second grade with a two star rating.
- Marijke de Jong will personally invite candidates that she thinks could be successful in helping horses and riders, growing the ST movement and running a prosperous ST practice for themselves.
- The ST Trainee Instructor should have a general talent to be able to develop up to grade 3 during the ST Instructor Program period. The ST Instructor program will take approximately one year to complete.
- The ST Instructor Program will consist of online courses and online classes to develop didactic skills and how to set up a teaching practice.
- The ST Instructor Program also includes practical personal one-on-one coaching by Marijke de Jong in real life to widen, deepen and broaden and to refine ST skills, and to achieve the minimum level that is required for ST Instructors: Grade 3.
Would you like to join the ST Academy?
If you haven't decided yet, I really want to talk to you because, as great as this academy is, I understand it's absolutely not for everybody. I really want you to be sure this is right for you when you enroll in the ST Academy.
That's why I've created the ST Mini Mastery Course, so you have an idea what we're about to do together in the ST Academy.
If after looking at all four episodes of ST Mini Mastery and if it looks like this makes sense to you, then go ahead and enroll in the ST Academy by signing up for the ST Mastery Program: you can do so at the end of the Mini Mastery Course.
I look very much forward to working with new STudents in the advanced ST Mastery Program!