- Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® owns and maintains this website for your personal education and information.
- The website and product is owned and operated by Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
- Please read these Terms of Condition carefully before using the website.
- By using this website you signify your consent to these Terms of Conditions.
- Your use of and browsing in this website is at your risk. Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® is not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your acces to, or use of the website.
- Online programs, Videos, ebooks, audio, photos and images are either the property of, or used with permission by Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
- You may download material displayed on the website for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices.
- You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of this website including the ebooks, text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
- Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this website will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
1.2. Accuracy of information
- Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® uses reasonable efforts to publish accurate and up-to-date information.
- However, Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information.
- Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this website or any other publications.
- All information provided by customers/clients/students is treated strictly confidential by Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® and her staff.
- Please review our Disclaimer.
- Your use of and browsing in this website is at your risk.
- You may post reviews, comments, send communications and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as none of these materials are illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing on intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and do not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam."
- You may not use a false email address, impersonate anyone, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
- We reserve the right to remove or edit any such content.
- Any communication or material you transmit to our public websites and our social media will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Anything you transmit or post may be used by Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcasting and posting.
- Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the website for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to evaluating, critiquing, developing, publishing, and marketing products using such information.
1.6. Trademarks and logos
- The trademarks, and logos, displayed on the website, are trademarks of Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
- trademarks an logos may not be used without the written permission of Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
- Only licensed ST Instructors® are allowed to use Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® logos, photographs, illustrations, graphic material, (trade) names and the intellectual property of Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®. Non-licensed instructors (Graduates 2015* and Dutch 'Instructors Rechtrichten' 2007-2015**) are allowed to refer in their CV's to their education and diplomas obtained by following Marijke de Jong's teaching programs.
- It is not allowed to use an instructor or evaluator logo without a date (for example 2017).
- ST Mastery students have special permission to use the unique ST Mastery Student logo for personal, non-commercial use.
- With all logos it is not allowed to use other colors or to rotate the logo.
- It is not allowed to place a logo in a picture; not in print and not for digital use.
- Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or delete portions of these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms & Conditions for any changes.
2. Promotion and links
- As of January 1, 2016, only instructors who are members of the ST Instructor Program and which are certified and licensed, are promoted on the websites and social media of Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
- This website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties other thanStraightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®, such as links of ST (Trainee) Instructors.
- Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- You acknowledge that we are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and that we do not warrant the offerings of, any such third party or the content of their sites.
- We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, or content of any third party or any third party site.
- We reserve the right to disable links from or to third-party sites, although we are under no obligation to do so.
3. Agreements & Payments
3.1. Start and duration of agreements
- An agreement (participation in training courses, clinics, online programs etc.) is established at the time of the purchased service is paid by the customer or when the first term of the purchased service is paid.
- The specific agreement concerning the ST Instructor Program is concluded at the moment the signed registration has been submitted. An agreement is made for a certain time, as stated in the contract or payment plan.
3.2. Pricing and price changes
- Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® uses prices that depend on the services and products.
- The price is fixed at the start of the agreement. A payment plan can be selected for the programs of the ST Academy (ST Mastery and ST Instructor Program).
- Changes in the rate of VAT are always passed on to the customer.
- During discount promotions for certain subsets of existing customers we will inform these particular customers through mail and social media. However, it still will be possible to buy at regular prices for new customers at other internet outlets. If the existing customers nevertheless buys a the regular price, without using the communicated discount option, than the customer loses his or her right on the discounted price. This is to prevent costly and timely manual transactions, communication and resetting of automated systems.
- A payment is made by transferring the amount of money for the product/service/program to a specific bank account of Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
- The customer receives a receipt of the payment for their own administration.
- In not paying any predetermined payment, all login credentials for the relevant online program(s) will be withdrawn.
3.4. Cancellation by Straightness Training - Marijke de Jong
- Upon cancellation of the program via Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®, in case there are not enough participants, or in case of illness, there will be a 100% refund of the total fee.
3.5. Cancellation policy for the customer
- See the specific cancellation policy for each specific product or service below.
- A refund will be done within 14 days after the request for a refund has been made and acknowledged.
4. Straightness Training Equipment
Please take note of the terms and conditions of the webshop.
4.1. Return policy
- If you need to return/exchange an item (cavesson/rein/bareback pad) please contact email@example.com within 30 days of the date on your invoice.
- There will be no refunds/returns on items past 30 days.
- Our limited warranty covers defects in craftsmanship and/or materials. It is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Please send a copy of your invoice, as proof of purchase with any return.
5. ST Home Study Course
5.1. Cancellation Policy
- If for any reason you’re not 100% happy with the ST Home Study Course, then the 7 Day Money Back Guarantee will come in to effect.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days and you will get a 100% refund.
- There will be no refunds on courses and programs past 7 days.
6. ST Mastery
6.1. Cancellation Policy
- If for any reason you’re not 100% happy with the ST Mastery program, then the 7 Day Money Back Guarantee will come in to effect.
- Please contact email@example.com within 7 days and you will get a 100% refund.
- There will be no refunds on courses and programs past 7 days, no matter what circumstances.
7. ST Evaluation & Touchstone policy
7.1. Free Touchstones
- If you have received free Touchstones in any program (ST Mastery, ST Instructor Program) these have to be considered as completely personal, so you cannot pass a free touchstone to somebody else.
- Once you have submitted all your free Touchstones, you can continue with payed Touchstones.
7.2. Submission policy
- The submission period for paid and free Touchstones is 12 months.
- After this 12 month period you cannot submit these paid or free Touchstones anymore, no matter what the reason is that you didn't submit them.
- There's also no possibility to extend the 12 month submission period, no matter what the reason is for the request for extension.
- After this 12 month period there is will be no refund for non-submitted Touchstones.
8. ST Instructor Program
- To this agreement applies a cooling off period of 14 days.
- After these 14 days this agreement is effective during the term of the ST Instructor Program.
8.2. Cancellation Policy
- Upon cancellation a 5% fee of the total amount will apply and the remaining 95% refunded if the cancellation is more than one month before the start of the program.
- 10% fee of the total amount will apply and the remaining 90% refunded if the cancellation is within one month before the start of the program.
- Upon cancellation during the program no fee will be refunded.
8.4. Certification and Licensing
- To create a professional organization of ST instructors and to protect the quality to make sure ST Instructors remain never-ending students, Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® uses a license structure for all certified ST Instructors.
- The license agreement consists of clear agreements about the rights of an ST Instructor to receive support from Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® on the area of the instructor's own development in ST, teaching and marketing areas. In addition to these rights there is the obligation to continue to study and to maintain, broaden and deepen knowledge and skills by attending live online Mastermind sessions with Marijke de Jong, practical Update & Upgrade Clinics with Marijke de Jong, and by taking an annual theory exam.
9. Straightness Training Live Events
9.1. Event policy
- Commercial and/or official ST gatherings like events, workshops, clinics, need to be held under supervision of a licensed ST Instructor® to ensure that quality standards are met, and to protect the purity of Marijke de Jong's Straightness Training method for the benefit of the horse and rider.
- It's not allowed to organize commercial and/or official gatherings in which approaches similar to Marijke de Jong's Straightness Training are being practiced and taught, while using Marijke de Jong's logos, trademarks, pictures, drawings and other visual expressions of the Straightness Training philosophy. It requires the presence of an official licensed ST instructor® to do so.
- Private and non-commercial gatherings of enthusiastic ST lovers who are figuring out what ST can mean to them, are a sole responsibility of those who organize these gatherings.
- ST Demos with a horse on live happenings and events in front of an audience can only be given by an ST Instructors licence C.
- The licensed ST Instructors® listed on this website (see http://straightnesstraining.com/instructors/) are trained and licensed by Marijke de Jong. They are independent entrepreneurs with their own privately owned companies. These licensed ST Instructors® are a member of the Straightness Training Instructor Network (STIN) and work together to spread and develop ST around the world.
10. ST Clinics with Marijke de Jong
10.1. Rider and auditor requirements
- Riders and auditors will sign an entry form with medical history, liability and emergency contact. When completed, this form will be kept strict confidential and is regarding information for your general safety and/or in the event of an accident.
- In the event of a change in information right before the start of the clinic a new form will be completed, provided and signed.
- Participants understands that the organizers/instructors and location of hire cannot be held liable for any physical and material damage which is a direct or indirect result and/or a consequent of an accident during, before and after the event in question. This exclusion of liability covers/includes damage to the rider's horse, participants/students and their horse, third parties and their horse, objects or building.
10.2. Horse requirements
- Stallions will only be accepted with prior agreement with PAARDENBEGRIJPEN - MARIJKE DE JONG.
- For ridden instruction, your horse must be started under saddle.
- If your horse has serious behavioural issues, please contact PAARDENBEGRIJPEN - MARIJKE DE JONG prior to booking.
- The horse that you will use during the lessons does not have any serious behavioural problems that have not already discussed with PAARDENBEGRIJPEN - MARIJKE DE JONG.
- You are aware that activities involving horses can be dangerous and unpredictable and that you can be injured or killed. You accept all risks of personal injury, death or property damage (including to or by my horse) to yourself or caused to others.
- You hold third party liability insurance, or accept that you may be held personally responsible for injury or damage to other horses, people or property that is caused by myself or my horse.
10.3. Equipment requirements
- Riders must wear a BS approved helmet at all times when mounted. Helmets must comply with BS EN0384 or PAS015, be less than 5 years old from the date of manufacture, have not suffered a significant impact, and must have the chinstrap fastened.
- ppropriate riding shoes or boots must be worn at all times when mounted.
- Basic equipment of a cavesson, rein and dressage whip will be helpful, but are not necessary.
- For mounted lessons, a saddle, curb or snaffle bridle and bareback pad may be required.
10.4. Cancelation policy
- Upon cancellation of the event via Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® there will be a 100% refund of the total fee.
- Upon cancellation of a rider and their participation a 30% fee of the total amount will apply and the remaining 70% refunded if the cancellation is before the event.
- Upon cancellation during the clinic no fee will be refunded.
- During the lessons it's not allowed to take pictures or to record with a video camera for spectators.
- Riders are allowed to film their own lessons for private use. It’s not allowed to put the recordings on youtube or any other internet platforms.
- The rider grant Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong® the right and permission to take photographic pictures or videos of rider and horse and to use their name and to use, edit, exhibit and publish these pictures or videos on the ST websites and social media. The rider acknowledges that he/she has no interest, ownership or copyrights in any pictures or recording produced by Straightness Training® - Marijke de Jong®.
- Customer support is avalable via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To support ST fans we have set up special ST Facebook groups to assist you with the first steps in ST. On a daily basis we receive many questions from riders from all over the world that would like to start with Straightness Training or have challenges with and questions about their horse and personal situation. Unfortunately Marijke de Jong cannot answer these questions personally anymore, because of the sheer number of them. Therefore we have set up ST Facebook groups for you to assist you in your ST journey. You can find the ST Facebook of your country here:
- For the same reason Marijke de Jong will neither open and reply to personal messages (PM) on Facebook nor direct messages (DM) on Instagram or Twitter.
© PAARDENBEGRIJPEN - MARIJKE DE JONG