Every horse has it's own personality. The personality of the horse is an authentic combination of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual patterns.
Some components of a horse's personality are:
- Openness to experience (inventive/curious/creative/preference for novelty and variety vs conventional/consistent/cautious)
- Extroversion (extravert/assertive/energetic vs introvert/reserved/quiet)
- Agreeableness (friendly/cooperative/willing vs suspicious/antagonistic/unwilling towards others)
- Emotional stability (calm/secure/confident/relaxed most of the time/rarely upset vs sensitive/easily disturbed/stressed out easily/nervous/angry/anxious).
- Temperament (hot/cold/ or warm-blood and low/medium/or high spirited).
Straightness Training is all about helping our horse flourish his personality, to get balanced on all levels - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually - and to become the best they can be!