When riders start to get enthusiastic about Straightness Training (ST), one of the most common questions is:
- Would ST be suitable for me as a complete beginner?
- What if I am a novice rider and not very familiar with ST?
- Is it not too complicated for me?
- Do I need to be an advanced rider for ST? I've only just begun to learn how to ride myself in walk and a bit of trot...
- Do you have to be experienced at walk, trot, canter to start doing Straightness Training?
- Isn't it too difficult?
- Can I do it?
Yes, you can!
You can learn all the exercises, for example the haunches-in.
It might look difficult, but it’s easy to learn! Especially when you start teaching it to your horse from the ground.
And it's also great fun to do it at liberty!
Why is it so easy?
Because Straightness Training is a logical system and it's structured and very easy to follow.
So if you are new to Straightness Training or you feel that maybe you are too much of a beginner, then I can reassure you that ST is more for you than you can imagine 😉
Why ST is suitable for beginners
Straightness Training is for horse lovers of all levels, of all ages, with any breed of horse and from every kind of discipline!
Every artist was first an amateur.
Even the greatest was once a beginner.
So don't be afraid to take that first step!
And start Straightness Training - a program that is very will suited to beginners - because:
- ST starts with the absolute fundamentals of training horses.
- Another core quality of ST is, that it is broken down into logical steps so you know 'where' to start, 'what' to do next, 'why' you do it and 'how' to get there.
- One more important detail by teaching ST is, that we take several learning styles into account, since riders learn in different ways - some learn by watching, others by reading and others by doing. In reality it is a blend of these in how riders learn, but everyone is unique and one person may have more of a learning style dominated by watching and another by reading, and a third person by doing, or we use all learning styles at the same time.
- That’s why we designed our online programs to that they support all peoples learning styles: we provide both videos and manuals in combination with step-by-step coaching and live online classes (webinars). And all our online programs and lessons have been carefully compiled in a clear, professional, informative manner and they are very easy to follow.
- And especially for beginner riders we created our online video evaluation system: ST Evaluation. Here you can submit videos of you and your horse, to be evaluated by me and ST instructors.
- Of course 'hands-on' guidance is desirable for novice riders, so that's why we have ST Instructors available for teaching in one-on-one sessions wherever you are in the world.
As you can see, Straightness Training gives you - as a beginner - many opportunities to school yourself, so you can become the best version of yourself and the best horse trainer you can be!
ST students sharing their experiences
Here you can see and hear some beginner and more advanced riders - during a ST live event in Amsterdam - about Straightness Training:
Become a Straightness Trainer!
If you are a beginner rider and would like to become a Straightness Trainer, then 4-part Mini Mastery Course is a great place to start!
It’s 100% free and will give you a great quick start!
Along the way you will learn a lot about Straightness Training and the tips, ideas and concepts you get, can easily and immediately be implemented in the daily training with your horse!
- How to avoid the training pitfalls that I’ve fallen into, and almost every rider falls into, and which make training your horse ten times harder!
- How to teach your horse a new exercise in a horse-friendly and stress-free way.
- How to eliminate unnecessary stress, frustration, and disappointment, and fast-track your progression!
- Six simple keys to make horse training and riding easy, no matter what discipline you’re in, and no matter what breed or age!
This mini course really is worth watching - not only useful insights and tips, but also seeing the learning stages that both a less experienced and more experienced horse had to go through to achieve the desired results.
All 4 video clips are accompanied by easy to understand theory and explanations, which makes it easy to follow and the processes even more clear!
Plus, the downloadable manuals are very informative, useful and helpful!
So don't miss out on it and join the course, it's 100% free: